Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the ginger dressing served on the salad at Japananese steak houses, and this recipe comes as close to it as any others I've tried. This recipe makes a lot....But it keeps well in the refrigerator or share with friends and family. If your food processor won't handle the entire recipe, divide the ingredients in half and blend each half separately.
- 2 ounces gingerroot (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup vinegar (I use red wine vinegar)
- 1 3⁄4 cups soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- Soak the ginger root in cold water for a few minutes to make it easier to remove the outer skin. Carefully peel the skin off with a sharp knife and cut into quarters.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor with a steel blade and blend until smooth. (Again, divide the ingredients in half and blend each half separately, if food processor is not big enough for entire recipe.).
- Combine in a lidded jar that will hold entire recipe, our separate in smaller jars.
- Skake jar or stir before serving.