Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Excellant dressing on any salad
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons HP steak sauce
- 3⁄4 cup light vegetable oil (or olive oil if you prefer)
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Continue processing as you slowly pour in the oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Continue processing for 30 seconds or until the dressing is fully combined and thickened.
- Keep in a covered container in the refrigerator until needed.
- Remove from refrigerator 1/2 hour before serving and re-blend if necessary.
I hate to disagree, but we didn't care for this one and ended up using it as a marinade and unfortunately, we didn't care for it there either. Sorry.
I've spoiled our tastebuds & can't use bottled dressings anymore. Always looking for tasty versions and I enjoyed this variation with the steak sauce. I forgot to add the salt but didn't miss it. Next time I'll try it with abit of Italian herb mix. Very nice flavour, thanks for sharing.
this was really good. Much better than bottled dressings with HFCS or mixes with too many unpronouncible inredients. I also added some dried mixed Italian herbs. Husband (and kids) declared it "great!"