Recipe by Mamayarnball
I nice quick refreshing homeade ice tea. THis is my dad's recipe and everyone asks him for the recipe.
Top Review by LainieBug
Great ice tea with just the right amount of sweetness for me. I steeped the tea bags for 2 hours. I don't have a pitcher large enough, so used a glass 1-gallon jar. Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef.
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 1/2 gallon of water and then place in your 1 gallon pitcher.
- While water is boiling open your tea bags and tie the strings together, this will make it easier to remove them later. Also removed the paper tags on the string.
- Place tea bags in the pitcher of water (important to do this after the water was already in the pitcher or the tea bags could open).
- Let sit for at least 1 hour, I sometimes let it sit all day, not more then 12 hours.
- Remove tea bags.
- Add sugar and the additional 1/2 gallong water and mix well.
- Chill in the refridgerator and serve.