Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I nice quick refreshing homeade ice tea. THis is my dad's recipe and everyone asks him for the recipe.
- Boil 1/2 gallon of water and then place in your 1 gallon pitcher.
- While water is boiling open your tea bags and tie the strings together, this will make it easier to remove them later. Also removed the paper tags on the string.
- Place tea bags in the pitcher of water (important to do this after the water was already in the pitcher or the tea bags could open).
- Let sit for at least 1 hour, I sometimes let it sit all day, not more then 12 hours.
- Remove tea bags.
- Add sugar and the additional 1/2 gallong water and mix well.
- Chill in the refridgerator and serve.
Great ice tea with just the right amount of sweetness for me. I steeped the tea bags for 2 hours. I don't have a pitcher large enough, so used a glass 1-gallon jar. Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef.