Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches are so much easier to make than I thought! These Red, White and Blue Ice Cream Sandwiches would be a great treat for Memorial Day or 4th of July!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup red and blue m& ms candy
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- red white and blue candy sprinkles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar.
- Slowly add flour and continue mixing until dough forms.
- Dust work surface with powdered sugar.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4" thick and cut out circles.
- Place on prepared sheets.
- Reroll as necessary to make additional circles.
- Top each cookie with red and blue M&Ms.
- Bake 13-14 minutes or until they are pale golden color.
- Allow to cool on baking sheets.
- Set out ice cream to soften slightly.
- Place one scoop of ice cream on a cookie. Press another cookie gently on top to make a sandwich.
- You can optionally roll the edge of the sandwich in sprinkles.
- Place in freezer to set.