Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are delicious! So much better than store-bought. They do take a bit of time, but are well worth it.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, shortening, butter, egg, water, and vanilla.
- Beat until well blended.
- Divide into 4 equal parts.
- Between two sheets of waxed paper, roll one part into a 10-in x 6-in rectangle. Remove one piece of waxed paper and flip dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Score the dough into 8 pieces, each 3 inches x 2-1/2 inches Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until puffed.
- Immediately cut along the scored lines and prick holes in each piece with a fork; cool on baking sheet.
- Cut ice cream into 16 slices, each 3 inches x 2-1/2 inches x 1 inches
- Place ice cream between 2 of the chocolate cookies; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Freeze on baking sheet overnight and store in an airtight container.