These are delicious! So much better than store-bought. They do take a bit of time, but are well worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, shortening, butter, egg, water, and vanilla.
- 2Beat until well blended.
- 3Divide into 4 equal parts.
- 4Between two sheets of waxed paper, roll one part into a 10-in x 6-in rectangle. Remove one piece of waxed paper and flip dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- 5Score the dough into 8 pieces, each 3 inches x 2-1/2 inches Repeat with remaining dough.
- 6Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until puffed.
- 7Immediately cut along the scored lines and prick holes in each piece with a fork; cool on baking sheet.
- 8Cut ice cream into 16 slices, each 3 inches x 2-1/2 inches x 1 inches
- 9Place ice cream between 2 of the chocolate cookies; wrap in plastic wrap.
- 10Freeze on baking sheet overnight and store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.9
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 348.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g