1/2 Photos of Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
Perfect Pixie's Note:
I got ice cream sandwich moulds for christmas and also lots of recipe books, I used the sandwich moulds with this recipe out of the book and with neopolitan ice cream..so yummy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- 2line bottom and sides of a 9-by-13 inch pan with aluminum foil, lightly grease with some extra butter (not from ingredients).
- 3melt butter over medium heat, whisk until just melted.
- 4remove from heat and add cocoa powder, whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- 5add sugar and continue stirring until well belnded( I turned to a spoon by this point).
- 6let mixture cool 2 minutes.
- 7transfer to larger bowl.
- 8add eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- 9add flour (i sifted mine) and salt, using rubbr spatula stir until batter is blended.
- 10scrape into prepared pan(should be quite hard as mixture doesn't run).
- 11spread evenly and bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- 12remove from oven and let cool completely.
- 13using ends of foil remove from pan and set on a chopping board.
- 14cut in half lengthwise.
- 15spread softened ice cream evenly over one half of the brownie into a layer about 1 inch thick.
- 16top with other half of brownie and press down gently.
- 17wrap in foil, freeze until hard, about 6 hours.
- 18peel away foil and cut into 8 to 10 sandwiches.
- 19serve imediately, or store in plastic bags in freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.0
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 125.0 mg
- Sodium 170.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate chip ice cream