Recipe by Perfect Pixie
I got ice cream sandwich moulds for christmas and also lots of recipe books, I used the sandwich moulds with this recipe out of the book and with neopolitan ice cream..so yummy!!!
Top Review by raisdbywolvz
So good! I can't eat ice cream so I used this as a brownie recipe only. Used 1/2 all purpose flour and 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour, and since I had jumbo eggs, I only used 2. The brownies turned out great - thin, cake-like, and totally delish! Thanks for the fantastic recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup butter (6oz or 170g)
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 quart chocolate chip ice cream (or any ice cream really)
Directions See How It's Made
- pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- line bottom and sides of a 9-by-13 inch pan with aluminum foil, lightly grease with some extra butter (not from ingredients).
- melt butter over medium heat, whisk until just melted.
- remove from heat and add cocoa powder, whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- add sugar and continue stirring until well belnded( I turned to a spoon by this point).
- let mixture cool 2 minutes.
- transfer to larger bowl.
- add eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- add flour (i sifted mine) and salt, using rubbr spatula stir until batter is blended.
- scrape into prepared pan(should be quite hard as mixture doesn't run).
- spread evenly and bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- remove from oven and let cool completely.
- using ends of foil remove from pan and set on a chopping board.
- cut in half lengthwise.
- spread softened ice cream evenly over one half of the brownie into a layer about 1 inch thick.
- top with other half of brownie and press down gently.
- wrap in foil, freeze until hard, about 6 hours.
- peel away foil and cut into 8 to 10 sandwiches.
- serve imediately, or store in plastic bags in freezer for up to 2 weeks.