Recipe by BeachGirl
Mother's no-cook very versatile ice cream recipe that's rich and creamy. Add fruits of your choice, peppermint candy, or chocolate chips and marshmallows. Time does not include churning ice cream.
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (13 ounce) cans evaporated milk (skim or whole)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2-2 quarts milk (skim or whole)
FOR FRUIT VERSION
- 1 -3 cup mashed fresh fruit, such as strawberries or 1 -3 cup peach (puree in blender) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄2 cups sugar, as needed to sweeten fruit (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients and 1 quart of the milk, adding fruit if desired (optional).
- Pour into a 2-gallon ice cream freezer.
- Add enough of the remaining 1-quart milk to fill the ice cream canister to the fill line on the canister.
- You may not need all of this last quart.
- Do not over-fill the canister.
- Make ice cream according to manufacturer's instructions for the ice cream freezer/churn.
- VARIATION: For Peppermint and Chocolate: Crush 1 small bag of peppermint candy pieces and add 1 small (6 oz) bag of chocolate mini-chips.
- Add marshmallows and/or nuts, if desired.