1/1 Photo of Homemade Ice Cream in a Coffee Can
"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
I ran across this recipe and thought this would be a fun family activity. I received an ice cream ball as a gift that has the same concept. A great "family time" activity with a sweet reward at the end!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for flavored ice cream
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite flavor instant pudding mix
- 1/3 cup fruit (such as, bananas, strawberries, peaches)
- 3 of your favorite cookies, crushed into pea-size pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1Additional supplies needed: A 1 lb coffee can and a 3 lb coffee can.
- 2Mix the first three basic ingredients together (not including rock salt) and pour into the one pound coffee can. Add flavorings if desired. Place the lid on securely and set inside the three pound can.
- 3Add ice, and alternate layers of ice and salt outside the small can and inside the large can. When totally full, secure the lid on the large can. You may wish to add duct tape for good measure.
- 4Now here comes the fun part! Place a sheet on the floor or wrap the can in a large towel. Let party guests roll the can back and forth for at least 10 minutes. Open the cans and check the ice cream.
- 5If it is not starting to freeze, replace lids and roll 10 minutes more. The ice cream should be frozen to the sides and bottom of the can. If not thick enough, place in freezer and check every 10 minutes or so.
- 6Note: This recipe can be effected by temperature, humidity, and other environmental factors, so make a trial run before attempting in a group setting.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Ice Cream in a Coffee Can
Serving Size: 1 (616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.0
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 214.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 47.4 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant pudding mix