Recipe by running rachel
This is my grandma's recipe. Our entire family enjoys this in the summer months.
- 1 quart milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (4 ounce) box vanilla ice cream mix
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 quart mashed peaches (for vanilla- omit fruit and add milk to fill freezer container) or 1 quart strawberry, slightly sweetened (for vanilla- omit fruit and add milk to fill freezer container)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, sugar, eggs, cornstarch and salt in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly just to boiling. Mixture will slightly thicken.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into ice cream freezer can. Freeze according to ice cream freezer's directions.