Recipe by cook from scratch
This recipe is from my husband's parents and is incredible. The original recipe was chocolate and it tasted like a Wendy's Frosty. You can achieve this by using chocolate milk instead of plain whole milk. I have used any combination of half-n-half, whipping cream and different kinds of plain milk (whole, 2% and 1%) however, the original recipe without variations makes the creamiest. We add fresh pureed strawberries in the spring and peaches in the summer. Enjoy!
Top Review by dakotah
My family rate this a five. It is a ten or more to me. I wouldn't change to 2 cups I used the 1 1/2 cups of sugar and it was wonderful. Thank you for sharing this receipe. Chief #220151
- 1 pint whipping cream (half-n-half works well too!)
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (The original recipe called for 2 cups.)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract (Use a good brand like Penzey's or Frontier. It does make a difference!)
- whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first four ingredients in the tub of the ice cream maker and stir well to combine. Add whole milk to the "fill line.".
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to make ice cream.
- We wrap the top of the ice cream maker with a towel and place the whole freezer inside a large cooler to slow the melting of the ice.