Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I picked this up from thespicysausage.com and its great.
- 8 lbs coarsely ground pork (shoulder is best)
- 1 cup red wine, cold
- 8 teaspoons salt
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, fresh ground tellicherry is best
- 3 teaspoons cayenne
- 5 tablespoons fennel seeds, toasted on stove top
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 tablespoons hot paprika
- Be careful with the wine quantity if you resize down. Also, its good with dried herbs, of course, but far better with fresh garlic cloves and parsley. My wife and I were once in a hurry making a pound of it for a quick Saturday lunch with Italian bread slices and red wine and I didn't take a minute to toast the fennel seeds on the stovetop; big difference. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra 2 or 3 minutes there even if you substitute a tablespoon or so of powdered garlic for the cloves and use the ever handy dried parley flakes.