Recipe by Sharon123
With hundreds of reviews on food network, this is from Jeff Mauro on Sandwich King. Enjoy! Cook time is marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup table salt
- 1 cup small-diced carrot
- 1 cup tiny cauliflower floret
- 4 -8 serrano peppers, sliced (depending on heat level desired-I use jalapenos)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 2 cups water and the salt in a glass or non-reactive bowl. Mix until the salt is dissolved. Add the carrots, cauliflower, serranos, garlic, celery and bell pepper to the salt water and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Day 2, drain and rinse the vegetables. In a clean bowl, mix together the oil with the oregano and pepper. Add the vegetables and mix to combine. Allow to marinate overnight. Giardiniera will only get better with time. After 2 days at the most in the bowl, you can place in air-tight mason jars and keep in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 weeks.