Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
Adapted from Center Cut Cook
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (dutch process if you can find it)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan combine cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and half of the chocolate and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Stir continuously until the chocolate is melted. Reduce heat to low and cook at gentle boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in butter, vanilla, and remaining chocolate. Continue to stir until you’re left with a smooth mixture. Cool slightly before serving. The sauce with thicken is it sits.
- Store leftover sauce in a microwave safe glass container for up to a week. Reheat sauce for 15-20 seconds in the microwave before serving again.