Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
Good for the cold mornings. Make sure you use a heavy pan. If you use a light one you may burn your chocolate. The heavier the pan the longer it will take.
- 85.04 g bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 473.18 ml milk
- Combine the chocolate,sugar,cinnamon and a 1/2 cup of the milk in a small but heavy sauce pan.
- Whisk constantly over a medium-low heat until the chocolate mixture melts and forms a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining milk and whisk until warmed through.
- Serve immediately.
Great recipe and so easy. The flavor was so much more flavorful and richer than the store bought packets. I used 1.5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1.5 ounces Andes chocolate mint pieces. Because I was going for a minty taste, I omitted the cinnamon. This was fantastic. Can't wait to try it again with the cinnamon.
This was good but a little too bitter for my taste (I used Ghirardelli 60% bittersweet chocolate). I'm going to try it again with semi-sweet chocolate and/or more sugar. Made with skim milk. I will be passing this on to my dad as he loves hot chocolate and I think he would really enjoy this. Thanks for the recipe!
Couldn't have been easier or tastier! I made this per BF's request for "real" hot chocolate, and he was just thrilled with it. Said it was like drinking a melted chocolate bar. I wound up using 1 1/2 cups of half and half and a half cup of skim milk.