Homemade Honey Wheat Bread With Flax
- Dissolve yeast into 1/4 cup warm water in a small bowl. Let sit until it has doubled in size, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a stand mixer using the hook attachment, mix warm water, salt and 3 1/2 cups of the wheat flour for about 5 seconds on lowest speed. It won't be mixed all the way, and that is okay!
- Once the yeast has doubled, add in yeast, oil, flax and honey. Mix on low speed for about 5 seconds. Slowly add in the rest of the flour (2 1/2 cups), and then let mix for 10 minutes on low speed.
- Divide the dough into two equal loaves, and place on two lightly floured towels. Fold the towels over so they are covering the loaves, and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Bake loaves in a lightly greased loaf pan (with coconut oil) at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. It should have a nice crust that is golden on top.