Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious and better for you than the processed junk you can get in the grocery store. I've noticed there are no homemade peanut butter recipes, so I thought I'd share my own. Use in other recipes or add a touch of peanut oil to make it spreadable. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄3 cups dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Place peanuts, salt, and cinnamon in a blender or food processor with metal blade inserted.
- Cover and blend or process until spreadable (about 6 or 7 minutes).
- Stop and scrape sides of blender/food processor and add in 1/4 cup of honey and blend until smooth and well-combined.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. It will keep for several months as long as it is kept refrigerated.
The key to your recipe is the cinnamon! Our strip district fish market makes homemade almond butter (almond peanut butter) and so I bought a small container. Seeing your recipe, I decided to substitute almonds and canola oil and it worked perfectly, along with sea salt.
Very good; I did need to add some peanut oil to get a better texture, but the taste was great!
Very glad I found this recipe! I will not buy store bought natural peanut butter again! The first batch I made was a little dry. Not wanting to add oil, I added 1/3 cup of applesauce to cream it up a bit. And now it is the best peanut butter I have ever ate!!! Thank you!