Recipe by Cynna
Delicious and better for you than the processed junk you can get in the grocery store. I've noticed there are no homemade peanut butter recipes, so I thought I'd share my own. Use in other recipes or add a touch of peanut oil to make it spreadable. Enjoy!
Top Review by Charlie Rush
The key to your recipe is the cinnamon! Our strip district fish market makes homemade almond butter (almond peanut butter) and so I bought a small container. Seeing your recipe, I decided to substitute almonds and canola oil and it worked perfectly, along with sea salt.
- 1 1⁄3 cups dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peanuts, salt, and cinnamon in a blender or food processor with metal blade inserted.
- Cover and blend or process until spreadable (about 6 or 7 minutes).
- Stop and scrape sides of blender/food processor and add in 1/4 cup of honey and blend until smooth and well-combined.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. It will keep for several months as long as it is kept refrigerated.