If you are a lover of honey mustard, then this recipe is worth trying...it is so good, you won't be buying store-bought ever again, this lasts for 6 months in the fridge, but it will be gone long before then, you will be using it all the time! Note: this honey mustard can also be used as a dip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, stir water and mustard powder together until smooth.
- 2In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine wine, vinegar and all remaining ingredients (EXCEPT HONEY).
- 3Simmer, uncovered over medium heat until reduced by half (about 10-15 minutes).
- 4Pour reduced liquid through a strainer into the prepared mustard/water paste; whisk or stir till smooth.
- 5Cook mixture over med-low heat, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened (the mixture will thicken more as it cools).
- 6Stir in the honey.
- 7Let cool completely.
- 8Store in clean glass jars, cover tightly.
- 9Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months (but it won't last that long!).
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Honey Dijon Mustard
Serving Size: 1 (1004 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1089.6
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1417.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 98.4 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar