From "Flavours" Summer 2006
Make and share this Homemade Herbed Chevre Spread With Grilled Crostini recipe from Food.com.
- chevre cheese with herbs, spread
- 300 g creamy goat cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed herbs, such as basil, thyme, oregano or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons finely snipped chives or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons finely sliced onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 baguette
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- HERBED CHREVE SPREAD.
- Using a wooden spoon, break up cheese in a mixing bowl. Slowly stir in heavy cream, mixing well between additions. When smooth, add remaining ingredients, stirring well. Scoop into a serving crock, sprinkle with additional herbs and serve with crostini, whole-wheat pitas or crackers. Covered and refrigerated, this cheese spread mellows and keeps well for several days. Makes 2 cups.
- Cut a couple of baguettes (preferably day-old) into 1/4" slices. Fill a small pot with olive oil and set over medium-low heat. When warmed, add garlic; turn off heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Drain oil into a small bowl, discarding garlic. Brush garlic oil on one side of baguette slices. Grill oiled side of baguette slices on a BBQ until lightly charred. Serve warm with cheese spread.