Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe by accident on another site and wanted to post it for safe keeping....It was posted by "CHERI on April 16, 2012" and she notes "Oh yeah I am sharing my recipe because they are so yummy". Prep time includes rise time.
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water, lukewarm
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- sugar, to sprinkle on top
- I used my Kitchenaid, if you don’t have one use a mixing bowl and hand mixer. You may have to mix by hand to get it completely mixed.
- Sift the flour then make a well in the middle of your flour.
- Pour the lukewarm water in the well, add the 1/2 C of sugar, then sprinkle the yeast on top. Let it set for about 5 minutes until the yeast is dissolved and starts to bubble.
- Add the coconut oil and salt.
- Add in 1 can plus 2 Tablespoons coconut milk and mix until the dough comes clean from the sides of the bowl.
- Mix with the dough hook (if using a hand mixer you may have to use your hands).
- Leave the dough in the bowl, covered,until it is doubled in size. I set mine by the oven to speed up the process. (about 30 minutes).
- Divide the dough into balls (it makes 18-20 rolls). Place them in a 9x 13 baking pan.
- Cover again, set by the oven until doubled in size again.
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix the rest of the coconut milk with the sugar and pour over the top of the rolls.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of the rolls and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. The coconut milk will be absorbed into the rolls.
- While hot, butter the top of the rolls.
- Serve Warm (or cool) but I recommend warm and so does my family.