Recipe by Missy Wombat
Sick of craving hashbrowns and finding that all the frozen ones in the supermarket have tallow in them? Make this recipe. It's simple AND it's good. A good reason not to bother with the bought version.
Top Review by bharrington
Great but also easy recipe. Everyone loved these hash browns. They came out crispy and brown. I added a small amount of fresh rosemary and parsley. The rosemary makes them savory and the parsley adds freshness. Either way, great recipe. Feel free to add flavors you like. Thank you
- 6 medium potatoes, coarsely grated
- 1 small onion, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley (optional) or anchovy (optional)
- olive oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the potatoes and onion in a cloth and wring out the moisture.
- Lightly mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Use a heavy bottomed frying pan for cooking the potato mix.
- When oil is hot put in tablespoons of mixture, pressing down a little for more contact with hot pan.
- These look better if a little lacy.
- When golden turn and cook the other side.
- Keep cooked ones in a warm oven.