Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
.I love these with homemade brisket with the sauce from the brisket poured over the potatoes, I also add in some cayenne pepper, yield is only estimated it will depend on the size you make the hash browns
- Grate the potatoes along with the onion, hand-squeeze out the moisture if desired.
- Add in the beaten egg and lots of salt; mix well.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Scoop in spoonfuls of the potato mixture, and flatten into patties about 1/2-inch thick (you can make these as large as you like).
- Brown the patties on both sides, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve hot.
Wonderful hash browns! I used a food processor to grate the potatoes and onions which made prep time really fast. Also a nonstick griddle sprayed with olive oil for cooking. Served these for "breakfast for dinner," then my son heated up the leftover hash browns for breakfast in the morning and was very happy. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Very good hash browns. Brown and crispy on the outside, white and creamy on the inside. The egg binded everything nicely and the onion provided a welcome hint of flavour.
I just tried a bit, cos I made it for my sister, and she said its absolutely delish! Thanks for the great recipe!