Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
.I love these with homemade brisket with the sauce from the brisket poured over the potatoes, I also add in some cayenne pepper, yield is only estimated it will depend on the size you make the hash browns
Top Review by LonghornMama
Wonderful hash browns! I used a food processor to grate the potatoes and onions which made prep time really fast. Also a nonstick griddle sprayed with olive oil for cooking. Served these for "breakfast for dinner," then my son heated up the leftover hash browns for breakfast in the morning and was very happy. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large egg, beaten
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (I use seasoned salt)
- cooking oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the potatoes along with the onion, hand-squeeze out the moisture if desired.
- Add in the beaten egg and lots of salt; mix well.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Scoop in spoonfuls of the potato mixture, and flatten into patties about 1/2-inch thick (you can make these as large as you like).
- Brown the patties on both sides, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve hot.