My husband doesn't like Hamburger Helped, but liked this "homemade." It is not one-dish (pot), but it was good. My kids ate it like crazy. Any noodle with substance can be used. I would shy away from wide egg noodles (or skinny egg noodles) because they will probably disintegrate when the other stuff is stirred in....but I guess it could be done. I would also be willing to substitute the cream of potato for cream of mushroom. And additions, like chopped celery or carrots would be good, too. Steam or saute them before you add them would be my suggestion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef. I use 95/5 and don't have anything to drain. If you use something that has more fat, drain the fat. Season with Nature's Seasoning.
- 2Melt bouillon in water, delglaze pan.
- 3Add onions, cook until almost done.
- 4Cook noodles in dutch oven, drain and return to pan.
- 5Pour ground beef into dutch oven, along with soups. Stir until noodles are coated.
- 6Steam peas (I put in 4-cup Ziploc container, put the lid on part way, and microwave for 4 minutes).
- 7Fold peas into noodle mixture gently.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Hamburger Helper
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.5
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 700.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: