Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I used to make this in college. It's artery-hardening, but very good. It's similar to cheeseburger macaroni hamburger helper, but much tastier and not much more work.
- oil or butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt, pepper,chili powder,hot sauce to taste
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 box regular macaroni and cheese mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices American cheese
- Start water boiling for pasta.
- Heat oil or butter in skillet.
- Add onions and garlic and saute.
- When wilted, add beef and seasonings.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and prepare with milk, butter and cheese sauce packet.
- Set aside over low heat.
- When beef is only slightly pink, add tomatoes.
- Continue cooking till meat is done.
- Stir beef mixture into mac and cheese, add extra cheese and stir until melted.
Made a great and hearty meal. Really loved the texture and flavour.
This was supper easy to prepare. Makes a great weeknight meal. I had to leave the tomato out because of the kids, but if I make this for just DH and myself I'll add the tomato.