I used to make this in college. It's artery-hardening, but very good. It's similar to cheeseburger macaroni hamburger helper, but much tastier and not much more work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Start water boiling for pasta.
- 2Heat oil or butter in skillet.
- 3Add onions and garlic and saute.
- 4When wilted, add beef and seasonings.
- 5Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 6Drain and prepare with milk, butter and cheese sauce packet.
- 7Set aside over low heat.
- 8When beef is only slightly pink, add tomatoes.
- 9Continue cooking till meat is done.
- 10Stir beef mixture into mac and cheese, add extra cheese and stir until melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Homemade" Hamburger Helper
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.2
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 428.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
macaroni and cheese mix