Recipe by MaryT927
Yummy! Definitely not a meal for Weight Watchers plan. Easy, one pan tasty dish that feeds hungry people (especially bottomless pit teenage boys). The recipe calls for 1 lb of ground beef, but I use 1 lb ground turkey and it tastes fabulous, with a little less fat!
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 quart tomato juice (or, use one large can tomato sauce & add enough water to make 1 quart)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (whole or flaked)
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 (24 ounce) Velveeta shells and cheese dinner
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef or turkey with chopped onion until meat is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat & add quart of tomato juice, oregano & parsley. Mix well.
- Add Velveeta Shells & Cheese packet, stir until well blended.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed and shells cooked, stirring occasionally. If it's too dry, add a little water.
- For an extra kick, sprinkle a little cayenne pepper into the mixture.