Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy! Definitely not a meal for Weight Watchers plan. Easy, one pan tasty dish that feeds hungry people (especially bottomless pit teenage boys). The recipe calls for 1 lb of ground beef, but I use 1 lb ground turkey and it tastes fabulous, with a little less fat!
- Brown ground beef or turkey with chopped onion until meat is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat & add quart of tomato juice, oregano & parsley. Mix well.
- Add Velveeta Shells & Cheese packet, stir until well blended.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed and shells cooked, stirring occasionally. If it's too dry, add a little water.
- For an extra kick, sprinkle a little cayenne pepper into the mixture.