Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy and cheap using instant rice, spices, tomato sauce and topped with cheddar cheese.
Make and share this Homemade Hamburger Helper recipe from Food.com.
- Brown ground beef and onion together in a large skillet. Drain off all grease when meat is done.
- Add chili powder, salt, pepper, oregano, water, tomato sauce and bay leaf. Simmer for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- When sauce starts to boil, stir in uncooked instant rice. Cover with tight fitting lid and remove from heat. Let set for about 15 minutes. Uncover and stir, removing bay leaf.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and return lid for another 3-5 minutes just long enough to let cheese melt. Serve directly from the stove-top. Serves 6.
- 365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus.