Recipe by Olha
Easy and cheap using instant rice, spices, tomato sauce and topped with cheddar cheese.
Top Review by mommyof03
Hate to say anything bad but this one seemed like a waster of perfectly good ground beef to me. The rice would not get tender and it was bland at that. Throwing it out and eating leftovers tonight.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 cups instant rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion together in a large skillet. Drain off all grease when meat is done.
- Add chili powder, salt, pepper, oregano, water, tomato sauce and bay leaf. Simmer for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- When sauce starts to boil, stir in uncooked instant rice. Cover with tight fitting lid and remove from heat. Let set for about 15 minutes. Uncover and stir, removing bay leaf.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and return lid for another 3-5 minutes just long enough to let cheese melt. Serve directly from the stove-top. Serves 6.
- 365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus.