Easy and cheap using instant rice, spices, tomato sauce and topped with cheddar cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef and onion together in a large skillet. Drain off all grease when meat is done.
- 2Add chili powder, salt, pepper, oregano, water, tomato sauce and bay leaf. Simmer for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- 3When sauce starts to boil, stir in uncooked instant rice. Cover with tight fitting lid and remove from heat. Let set for about 15 minutes. Uncover and stir, removing bay leaf.
- 4Sprinkle cheese over the top and return lid for another 3-5 minutes just long enough to let cheese melt. Serve directly from the stove-top. Serves 6.
- 5365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Hamburger Helper
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.1
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 797.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 30.3 g