Recipe by Marie
You will never want to buy hamburger buns again after trying this recipe. Easy to do using a bread machine and so awesome! You can also top rolls with sesame seeds after brushing with melted butter.
Top Review by crazy but capable
This was amazing! I warmed the milk, butter and egg slightly first, and I used 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour. YUMMMMMMM. I also didn't roll it out but just pinched off pieces in the size I wanted and made them nice and round. The egg wash made them gorgeously golden and the taste was fabulous!
- 295.73 ml milk, slightly warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 3.69 ml salt
- 887.21 ml bread flour
- 6.16 ml active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients, except butter, in pan of bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
- Cut dough in half and roll each half out to a 1" thick circle.
- Cut each half into six 3 1/2" rounds with inverted glass as a cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheet far apart and brush with melted butter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Bake at 350° for 9 minutes.
- Note: Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done. Some reviewers baked these anywhere from 12 to 30 minutes.