Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The result is amazing---you won’t go back to the supermarket for hamburger buns again!
Make and share this Homemade Hamburger Buns recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup warm water (115 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten (room temperature)
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) envelope active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- reynolds parchment paper
- Line baking pans with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
- Combine water, oil, powdered milk, sugar, egg, yeast and one cup flour in large mixing bowl. With paddle attachment, beat mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the flour and, using the dough hook, knead the dough for about 5 minutes. The dough should make a ball and “clean” the sides of the bowl. If it looks too sticky, add a bit more flour, a tablespoon at a time.
- Place the dough in a large, oiled bowl and cover with a clean towel. Allow the dough to rise in a draft-free, warm area until it has doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Punch down the dough and let it rest for 5 minutes. On a floured surface, divide the dough into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball and flatten slightly, to make a bun shape. Place buns on baking pans lined with Reynolds® Parchment Paper. Allow buns to rise for 30-35 minutes.
- Gently brush the top of each bun with melted butter. At this time, you can sprinkle the tops with sesame seeds, poppy seeds or a bit of finely chopped onion if desired.
- Bake buns in 350 degree F. oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden.