Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw this on tv and thought it sounded real good and very different.
Make and share this Homemade Habanero Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 4 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon habanero chili powder
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar substitute
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Make brownies: Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 8x8-inch baking pan with baking spray; set aside. Place chocolate and margarine in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for about 1-1/2 minutes or until melted. Add chili powder, habanero powder, rind and concentrate. Blend well; set aside.
- Place sugar and eggs in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium-high 1 minute or until light yellow color. Gradually add the flour while mixing on low until just incorporated. Add chocolate mixture; mix until well blended.
- Spread batter evenly into baking pan. Bake for 28 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center. Cool on rack completely before frosting.
- Make frosting: Place cream cheese, Blue Bonnet and concentrate into large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium-high for 2 minutes or until creamy and smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until creamy and smooth. Frost cooled brownies. May garnish with additional grated orange rind, if desired.