Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
To peel & dice my avocados I slice down the middle, from the top to the pip, then follow the pip all the way around slicing to meet the slice made from the top. Then twist to separate, toss the pip & score the avocado flesh, and invert it like you would do with mango. Original recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com, but I've tweaked it a bit.
- 3 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 habanero peppers or 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash lime juice
- salt, to taste
- fresh cilantro, to taste
- In a bowl, mush avocados until slightly chunky.
- Add tomato, onion, peppers, garlic, lime, salt and cilantro and mix together.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, nachos, vegetables or pita bread.