Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband is a picky eater and always likes something a little different from the usual. I really prefer the taste of grilled chicken and thought it would work well and give a new twist to an old favorite. When I am not cooking for just my husband I use the marinade for the chicken for sliced mushrooms and then grill the mushrooms.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups baby carrots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 large yellow sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock (homemade or store bought)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken pieces
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Noodles: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl until they form a dough.
- Roll dough thinly out on a lightly flour coated surface.
- Cut dough into thin 2 inch pieces.
- Set to the side and let dry.
- Chicken: Combine salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic and chicken in a medium bowl and marinade for 2 hours.
- Place chicken on a hot grill cooking all the way through and creating a nice char.
- Soup: In a large pot bring olive oil to medium heat.
- Add garlic, sweet yellow onion, celery and baby carrots and saute for about 10 minute.
- Add 6 cups chicken stock.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Add noodles.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 35-40 minute.
- Add chicken.
- Simmer for another 10-15 minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
Had never used grilled chicken for soup so I was looking for ratios of ingredients & seasonings to see if anything would be different from "regular" soup. This is a nice, simple recipe and the soup was much more flavorful than my usual! Time constraints didn't allow me to make the noodles this time but I had some lovely homemade-style ones from the gourmet store that we're almost as good as our homemade. :) Will keep making soup this way, especially when I don't want to take hours & hours to make stock; this is every bit as good!