Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the gravy I make whenever I make bratwurst. I used the drippings from the pan that I cook the brats in. This base can be used for gravy for just about everything. It does not matter what type of meat you use.
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Saute the onions, garlic, and beer in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook until the onions are tender and the beer has reduced.
- Add the water, beef bouillon, flour, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Whisk until the gravy has reached the consistency of your liking.