Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These grapenuts are made with sour cream. Recipe is from M. Wengerd does not say how long the first baking should be.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple flavoring
- Mix all together and put in a greased 13x9-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees until done.
- Crumble cake with hands while warm and then cool.
- Run through food grinder or coarse siever.
- Spread on trays and heat in 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes until crisp.
- Store in airtight container.