Granola is so expensive in the store and with two kids with tree nut allergies it is always a concern finding granola without traces of tree nuts. This is a tasty and easy granola recipe. I have added honey or cinnamon to mine. The recipe is very flexible depending on your preference.
- Place brown sugar and water in a large microwavable bowl and dissolve the sugar in the water for 2-3 minutes (I stir after each minute to check on the progress).
- Add the oatmeal and mix until well coated. Add honey or cinnamon or any other ingrediens you desire. Mix well.
- Line a couple cookie sheets with parchment paper. (Cookie sheets wih sides will make it easier to stir.) Place the oatmeal mixture in a thin layer onto sheets.
- Bake at 275 for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool and place into air tight container. Will keep for about 2 weeks.
Great inexpensive simple granola recipe. Cost me $.88 to make this before add ins. This will be a regular for me from now on.
I use brown rice syrup, or maple syrup or barley malt syrup. Any dried chopped fruits ramp up the flavor.