Recipe by MommaWeb5ter
Granola is so expensive in the store and with two kids with tree nut allergies it is always a concern finding granola without traces of tree nuts. This is a tasty and easy granola recipe. I have added honey or cinnamon to mine. The recipe is very flexible depending on your preference.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 4 cups oatmeal (not instant or quick)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place brown sugar and water in a large microwavable bowl and dissolve the sugar in the water for 2-3 minutes (I stir after each minute to check on the progress).
- Add the oatmeal and mix until well coated. Add honey or cinnamon or any other ingrediens you desire. Mix well.
- Line a couple cookie sheets with parchment paper. (Cookie sheets wih sides will make it easier to stir.) Place the oatmeal mixture in a thin layer onto sheets.
- Bake at 275 for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool and place into air tight container. Will keep for about 2 weeks.