This is from Foodnetwork.com Healthy Appetite show. I added the protein milk to give it a protein kick!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
The Granola Cereal
- cooking spray
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped chopped raw unsalted walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
The Protein Milk
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2Spray large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 3In a medium bowl combine the oats, nuts, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon and the raisins, if using. Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- 4Transfer the sheet to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- 5Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until you want it.
- 6Mix protein powder with milk and mix well.
- 7serve 1/2 cup of the cereal with some of the milk/protein powder mixture.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Granola Cereal W/ Protein Milk
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.0
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 83.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla protein powder