Recipe by Darrinw2001
This is from Foodnetwork.com Healthy Appetite show. I added the protein milk to give it a protein kick!
The Granola Cereal
- cooking spray
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chopped raw unsalted walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped unsalted almonds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped unsalted pecans
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
The Protein Milk
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla protein powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Spray large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the oats, nuts, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon and the raisins, if using. Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the sheet to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until you want it.
- Mix protein powder with milk and mix well.
- serve 1/2 cup of the cereal with some of the milk/protein powder mixture.