Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was found in a local magazine.
- 3 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 -6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 250°F Cover rectangular baking shee with parchment paper. Mix oats, almonds, cashews, seeds, and spices together in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the butter and honey together in a small saucepan over low heat. Once butter is melted, add the vanilla.
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and stir together until evenly coated. Spread mixture onto prepared pan in one layer.
- Bake for 75 minutes. The granola will become crisp as it cools.
- Break into small chunks by pounding in a zip lock bag. Store in airtight container.
- To make granola bars: Combine 1 C granola, 1/2 C pitted dates, and 1 tbsp water into a food processor and puree until mixture states to stick together. (Add a little more water if necessary) Mash this mixture down on a cutting board or sheet of wax paper to form into one even rectangle shape. Slice into six even rectangles. Store in the freezer or fridge.