1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is from the Barefoot to Go episode.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 by 12-inch baking dish and line it with parchment paper.
- 2Toss the oatmeal, almonds, and coconut together on a sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in the wheat germ.
- 3Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- 4Place the butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for a minute, then pour over the toasted oatmeal mixture. Add the dates, apricots, and cranberries and stir well.
- 5Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Wet your fingers and lightly press the mixture evenly into the pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until light golden brown. Cool for at least 2 to 3 hours before cutting into squares. Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Granola Bars (Barefoot Contessa)
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 61.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g