Recipe by moblessed
Since many of the granola bars on the market contain ingredients I prefer to keep away from my family, I searched for a way to create these delightful treats at home. All of the ingredients are organic, unless you choose otherwise. Feel free to change it up by adding dried fruit and omitting the peanut butter...get creative!
- 4 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter or 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips (or dried fruit, nuts, or other mix ins you choose). Once the first 8 ingredients are well incorporated, mix in the chocolate chips or dried fruit. Lightly press the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the bars are slightly browned. Let cool completely before you cut, serve, and enjoy!