Recipe by Hanka
This crunchy blend of oats, nuts and dry fruit makes terrific cereal, but also consider sprinkling it over ice cream or improvise a parfait by layering it with yogurt and fresh fruit.
- 3 cups oats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 cup dried fruit, your choice (cranberry,apricots,raisins...)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- In a small saucepan melt butter,sugar, honey and syrup over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl mix oats and nuts.
- Pour warm butter-sugar mixture over the oat mixture and stir well.
- Place on a large tray and bake for 10 - 15 minutes. It should be lightly golden brown.
- Let it cool.
- Add dry fruits.
- Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.