Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just as good as the granola at the store, but made from common kitchen goods. Great for the frugal who don't want to spend a ton on storebought granola. Can be customized with the addition of raisins and/or nuts.
- 3⁄4 cup calorie-free brown sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 5 cups oats
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix brown sugar, oil, and honey in saucepan until sugar dissolves.
- Combine dry ingredients in latge cake pan.
- Pour sugar mixture over dry mixture; mix well.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
I think this recipe i wonderful! Next time I will only use 4 1/2 cups of granola though, as it didn't stick together as well as hoped but th flavor is great. My husbnd has been taking it to work every day for a snack and my kids like it too!