1/1 Photo of Homemade Goat Cheese
Elana's Pantry's Note:
This homemade raw goat cheese is deliciously addicting --at least for me. http://www.elanaspantry.com/homemade-goat-cheese/ Special Equipment needed: cooking thermometer yogurt maker cheesecloth
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 gallon goat's milk (I used raw from a friend of a friend's farm)
- 2 (10 g) packages yogourmet yogurt starter
- 1In a large saucepan, heat milk to 110°, stirring constantly.
- 2Pour milk into a blender, then add yogurt starter and blend on high for 10 seconds.
- 3Blending the milk removes any clumps that the yogurt starter may form.
- 4Pour milk into yogourmet yogurt maker and turn machine on.
- 5Leave yogurt in machine for 12 hours, longer is ok too.
- 6Line a colander with cheese cloth and place the colander on a bowl.
- 7Pour yogurt into cheesecloth lined colander and allow to drain for 8 hours in refrigerator.
- 8Lift cheese cloth off of colander and scrape creamy cheese off onto a plate.
- 9Transfer creamy cheese into a 2 cup mason jar.
- 10Serve with crackers.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1346.8
- Calories from Fat 727
- Total Fat 80.8 g
- Saturated Fat 52.0 g
- Cholesterol 214.7 mg
- Sodium 976.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 86.8 g
- Protein 69.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: