1/9 Photos of Homemade Gnocchi
I have not tried this recipe yet, but I intend to soon. According to the article, that came with the recipe in this morning's local newspaper, these gnocchi are light as a feather. The recipe comes from a former fine dining establishment in our area that we used to go to very often and the food was outstanding! I am guessing at the prep and cook times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potato and mash.
- 2Combine potato with eggs and salt and whip until fluffy.
- 3Add ricotta cheese, butter, Romano cheese and flour.
- 4Knead until smooth.
- 5Shape into 1/2" rolls and cut into 1" lengths.
- 6Make impression with thumb in each piece, then lightly dust with flour.
- 7Drop into boiling salted water and cook only until they rise to the surface.
- 8Drain and serve with tomato sauce and grated cheese.
- 9Note: Before cooking, gnocchi may be flash frozen on a cookie sheet, then place in plastic bag in freezer.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Gnocchi
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.0
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 497.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 13.6 g