I have not tried this recipe yet, but I intend to soon. According to the article, that came with the recipe in this morning's local newspaper, these gnocchi are light as a feather. The recipe comes from a former fine dining establishment in our area that we used to go to very often and the food was outstanding! I am guessing at the prep and cook times.
- Boil potato and mash.
- Combine potato with eggs and salt and whip until fluffy.
- Add ricotta cheese, butter, Romano cheese and flour.
- Knead until smooth.
- Shape into 1/2" rolls and cut into 1" lengths.
- Make impression with thumb in each piece, then lightly dust with flour.
- Drop into boiling salted water and cook only until they rise to the surface.
- Drain and serve with tomato sauce and grated cheese.
- Note: Before cooking, gnocchi may be flash frozen on a cookie sheet, then place in plastic bag in freezer.