Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
after trying about 5 semi-disappointing pizza recipes i found online. i combined them and made my own, we love it. we generally use a large rectangular pan to make a thin crust pizza, but u could also make 2 smaller thin crust pizzas, or one thicker crust pizza. you can freeze the second crust for later use. this recipe can also be made without the potato starch, and instead bumping the tapioca starch up to 90g. weight conversion chart can be found at http://realfoodmadeeasy.ca/gluten-free-baking/gluten-free-flour-weight-volume-measures/
- 135 g brown rice flour
- 30 g sorghum flour
- 45 g tapioca starch
- 60 g potato starch
- 8 g guar gum
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 g yeast
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 g water
- Pre-heat oven.
- measure out 8 g of yeast and combine with 50 g warm water and 1 tsp sugar. allow to sit and rise for 10 min, until bubbly and foamy.
- combine flours, starches, guar gum, and salt. (dry mix).
- beat eggs, add cider vinegar, oil, and remaining 200 g water.
- add yeast, and then add dry mix.
- beat well for about 2 minute.
- grease pan (i like to use butter on a stone).
- dough will be more like batter in consistency.
- use hands to spread, sprinkling flour ontop of dough to prevent sticking.
- thinner crust will result in crispier crust.
- Cook crust at 425 for 20 minutes on a stone. For a regular metal sheet you'll have to play with it, but in my experience i would try 375 for same time. you want the crust to be slightly browned around the edges and bottom to prevent a "soggy" crust in final product.
- once crust is pre-cooked, top, bake until cheese is golden brown. cool & enjoy!