Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
After searching for a glue that would work on the bottles of some home made liqueurs I finally found this one! From parenting.leehansen.com This would also work well to make custom stickers for anything or anyone! Find some great clip art on line in lots of places and make your own stickers, labels, etc... Ignore the nutritional values here... you do not eat this! :)
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 (1 ounce) packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract (any flavor works and makes licking them much nicer!) or 1 tablespoon vanilla (any flavor works and makes licking them much nicer!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring vinegar to a boil in a small pan. Add gelatin and stir until completely dissolved. Remove pan from heat. Add flavoring extract and stir until mixed.
- Cool until safe to handle, then brush a thin layer onto the back of stamp sheets; allow to dry completely. Cut stamps apart, moisten back then press onto surface to stick into place.
- Store your excess glue in a sealed container for future use. To use again, melt the glue by placing the container in a pan of warm water. Keeps a month or so in cool temperatures.