Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a good recipe, and can be changed up with different fruits and spices! For example, lightly crush berries and blend them with sugar and water to make a berry-flavored syrup. Add fresh basil to peach puree to spice up a non-alcohol Bellini! Many options await you and will delight your guests. Posted by Michael Dietsch on Serious Eats.
- 8 pods green cardamom, cracked
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup demerara sugar (raw sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 ounces lime juice, fresh
- sparkling water, club soda or sparkling cider
- In a small, dry pot, toast cardamom over medium heat until fragrant.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Add ginger, sugar, water, and lime zest. Place back on heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Cool syrup; strain and discard solids.
- In a cocktail shaker(or a jar with lid), add 1 oz. syrup (or to taste) and lime juice. Add ice and shake to blend. Divide between two tall glasses, filled with ice.
- Top with sparkling water, club soda, or sparkling cider. Stir gently and serve immediately.
Very refreshing. I served mine in tonic water. Looking forward to summer when I can have a nice, cool "mocktail" on the patio, made with this. Also looking forward to trying some variations, as suggested. Made for tag game at kittencalskitchen.com.