Recipe by byZula
Taken from Home Cooking magazine issue July/August 2005.
Top Review by JeanSgt
Yum! I made a huge batch, and instead of peeling the ginger, I scrubbed it really well, cut off any questionable looking bits, and then ran it through the food processor to slice it. After I poured off most of they syrup, I continued to carefully cook the ginger in order to candy it (you can also use a dehydrator. I like eating the candied ginger by itself and I'll use some in making ginger cookies. Offered it at a party for something to stir into sparkling water, and it was a big hit.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup peeled and sliced gingerroot
- 8 ounces club soda or 8 ounces seltzer water
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, water and gingerroot in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture has reduced slightly.
- Strain gingerroot from syrup.
- To make ginger ale, combine 2 tablespoons syrup with club soda. Pour over ice and serve with a squeeze of lime wedge. Store syrup in the refrigerator for several weeks.