Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from sparkpeople.com. You can use different toppings on these like onion, poppy seed, sea salt, etc.
- 2 pita breads
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed or 1 garlic powder or 1 instant minced garlic
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- Using a small knife or kitchen scissors, cut along circumference of each pita bread to remove folded edge, leaving you with 4 rounds.
- Combine oil and garlic in a bowl.
- Brush each pita round with the oil and garlic mixture.
- Stack the rounds and then cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with salt, if desired and bake for 8-10 minutes until chips are golden brown.
Loved these! Pita crisps are one of my fave snacks. The garlic gives these a nice flavor - I used sea salt which really adds a nice contrast.