Recipe by David04
This is a quick and very delicious way to make breadsticks. You can also mix in onions and herbs to give it more flare, but I like them this way. You can also get creative and roll out 24 individual strings of dough and twist two together at a time to make garlic twists.
Top Review by Amy B.
Just made these and they are flat n crispy. Nothing like picture or what others say they were like. Followed recipe perfectly n they didn't raise etc. Probably won't make these again. Was excited to find one using Splenda since I'm diabetic.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, Splenda, baking powder, salt, ½ tsp garlic powder and gradually add milk to form the soft dough.
- Flour a flat surface and knead the dough gently 4-5 times.
- Roll with a rolling pin into a rectangle about 10″ x 5″ and cut into 12 breadsticks.
- Mix melted butter with the remaining garlic powder and parmesan cheese in a large bowl or dish and dip the breadsticks and coat well with the butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with more grated parmesan if you like.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove and brush on with any remaining butter.