Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and very delicious way to make breadsticks. You can also mix in onions and herbs to give it more flare, but I like them this way. You can also get creative and roll out 24 individual strings of dough and twist two together at a time to make garlic twists.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine flour, Splenda, baking powder, salt, ½ tsp garlic powder and gradually add milk to form the soft dough.
- Flour a flat surface and knead the dough gently 4-5 times.
- Roll with a rolling pin into a rectangle about 10″ x 5″ and cut into 12 breadsticks.
- Mix melted butter with the remaining garlic powder and parmesan cheese in a large bowl or dish and dip the breadsticks and coat well with the butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with more grated parmesan if you like.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove and brush on with any remaining butter.
These were so yummy. After rolling out the dough and cutting it I wrapped mozzarella sticks with the dough and followed the rest of the directions as listed. Served with some homemade marinara and garlic butter. Yumm and super simple.
These were superb! I was looking for an easy and tasty recipe for garlic bread sticks to go with our spaghetti lunch and I found it! I skipped the salt and garlic powder because all I had was garlic salt. So I added 1.5 tsp of garlic salt and skipped the salt/garlic powder. I loved the crispy outer edges from the baked parmesan! My kids and hubby ate the whole batch within minutes! I think these make a great snack too...mmmm with marinara sauce..yum!
Very easy to make & great tasting, too! We really enjoyed the Parmesan & garlic combo in this winning recipe! A keeper for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]